Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just Kidding... and My Imagination

Okay so maybe the quote thing isn't going to be consistent. Whatever. This blog is henceforth about whatever the hell I want it to be about.

A really weird thing I've realised recently is that my imagination has a setting. Certain things trigger its setting, and it's bizarre. For example, my imagination has a weird connection with fairy stories, (or faerie, depending)... I've never paid much attention to those stories, not the prissy ones for five-year-olds anyway, but the stories with some creativity and originality spark my imagination. Hm. Very strange. Especially since I don't believe in faeries. Or do I? No, not particularly.

Another thing that fits perfectly in my imagination is the band "Death Cab for Cutie". I have absolutely no idea why, but something about the music gets inside my head. It reminds me of the witching hour at two in the morning when you're the only soul awake and your imagination runs wild.
The band "Iron & Wine" also intertwines with my imagination, which is odd because it's not the kind of music I'd have thought I would like.
And finally, the last thing I have discovered to date that matches my imagination is the "The Girl with Glass Feet" that I talked about in the last post. St. Hauda's Land (the setting of the book) makes me think of Death Cab for Cutie, Iron&Wine, and faerie stories, which means it also is a huge part of my imagination.
Do any of your imaginations have settings or triggers? I'd be interested to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment